Grief and Trauma Intervention for Children
Thursday, October 10, 2019
This workshop will provide a framework for working with bereaved children who are experiencing post-traumatic stress. The Grief and Trauma Intervention(GTI) for Children therapeutic model will be reviewed highlighting resilience, restorative retelling, and reconnecting strategies to use with children who are experiencing traumatic grief. Case examples and lessons learned during the development of GTI for Children will be discussed.
Thursday Workshop Description
This workshop is geared toward master level practitioners who work directly with bereaved children individually, in groups, or families. Practitioners providing therapeutic services to children experiencing grief and trauma in hospice services, behavioral health agencies, private practice, schools, and agencies and organizations providing counseling to children should attend.
Upon completion of this workshop the participant will be able to:
• Explain how Childhood Posttraumatic Stress can impact grief
• Define the framework for the grief and trauma intervention for children
• Identify therapeutic strategies to use with children experiencing grief and trauma
Agenda: Among the content areas to be explored in this workshop are the following:
• Introduction to the Empirically-Supported and Theoretically Grounded GTI Model
• Clearly defined Therapeutic Goals of GTI
• Utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Narrative Practices with children experiencing grief & trauma
• Exploring the process of Draw, Discuss, Write, Witness to facilitate resilience, restorative retelling and reconnecting
• Addressing common therapeutic topics with children experiencing grief and trauma
• Advocating for the Slow Grief Movement
• $85 registration fee for one-day conference
• $70 each for 3 or more from same organization *must mail all participants’ registration forms together for discount to apply
• $60 for clergy and educators
• $40 for students with valid ID
Register online at HospiceofDavidson.org or complete the attached form and mail it in.
Registration Deadline is October 4, 2019
Continuing Education (CE)
Up to six hours of CEU’s are available through this one-day conference for professionals. This program has been approved by National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), the Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC), and The North Carolina Board of Funeral Service (NCBFS).
Hospice of Davidson County is solely responsible for all aspects of this program; however, you are responsible for checking with your board to determine your eligibility for receiving CEU credit.
This program has been approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC). The NBCC Approval Number is: SP-3356.